BLESSBOOK CODE OF CONDUCT
BLESSBOOK is dedicated to providing a harassment-free, Christian experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. We allow Christians and Non-Christians to "participate" with other members in our website and spaces, however not all Non-Christian content will be tolerated. The purpose of our website and experience is for the Glory of God, ultimately, and if anything you do does not help us or our members accomplish our goals then we will censor your content and we may even delete your account and block your IP addresses.
Your participation in our website and with our members is solely at the privledge of our staff and moderators. We are not required to allow just anyone on our site. We are a Private Trust, and we are obligated to no one for any reason.
This code of conduct applies to all BLESSBOOK spaces online, including [give a list of your spaces, eg "our mailing lists and IRC channel"], both online and off. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of the BLESSBOOK TEAM. BLESSBOOK reserves the right to delete any profile for anything they determine to be a violation of the Code of Conduct or Terms of Service.
Some BLESSBOOK spaces may have additional rules in place, which will be made clearly available to participants. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names.
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behaviour in spaces where they’re not appropriate.
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “*hug*” or “*backrub*”) without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats of violence.
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Stalking or following.
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
- Sustained disruption of discussion.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
- Publication of non-harassing private communication.
BLESSBOOK prioritizes marginalized people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort. BLESSBOOK TEAM reserves the right not to act on complaints regarding:
‘Reverse’ -isms, including ‘reverse racism,’ ‘reverse sexism,’ and ‘cisphobia,' Reasonable communication of boundaries, such as “leave me alone,” “go away,” or “I’m not discussing this with you.”
Communicating in a ‘tone’ you don’t find congenial, criticizing racist, sexist, cissexist, or otherwise oppressive behavior or assumptions, Reporting
If you are being harassed by a member of BLESSBOOK, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the FLIPMYCRYPT TEAM at [email address or other contact point]. If the person who is harassing you is on the team, they will recuse themselves from handling your incident. We will respond as promptly as we can.
This code of conduct applies to BLESSBOOK spaces, but if you are being harassed by a member of BLESSBOOK outside our spaces, we still want to know about it. We will take all good-faith reports of harassment by BLESSBOOK members, especially LEADERSHIP TEAM, seriously. This includes harassment outside our spaces and harassment that took place at any point in time. The abuse team reserves the right to exclude people from BLESSBOOK based on their past behavior, including behavior outside BLESSBOOK spaces and behavior towards people who are not in BLESSBOOK.
In order to protect volunteers from abuse and burnout, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of BLESSBOOK members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, BLESSBOOK TEAM may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all FLIPMYCRYPT spaces and identification of the participant as a harasser to other BLESSBOOK members or the general public.